Sunday, July 14, 2013

how's your dot-to-dot?

"... hide me in the shadow of Your wings from the wicked who assail me... And I -- in righteousness I will see Your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing Your likeness." Psalm 17:8-9,15

Revenge running in his bloodstream led to lashing out with lies and threats. My first reaction -- to strike back with both fists, spitting out vicious names. The shamelessness of ruthless people can easily pull us out of line with Jesus.

When wrong doings knock on our door, we need to remember how Jesus reacted to the lies and wrongful accusations about Him. He not only humbly responded, but kept walking in the Truth of what He knew and of who He was. In an unfair world, it's difficult, but important, to act rightly despite what others say or how they act.

Don't let hardships, discouragements, distractions define who you are.  Draw the line not to follow the negative, but to move on with God in a better, positive direction.  Picture what God wants, and ask Him to help you keep the dots of your life connected to Him.
have a right-filled day!
veneal


No comments:

Post a Comment