Friday, September 18, 2015

treasure or trash?

"May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in You." Psalm 25:21

Some would say my front yard is trashy, but not me.  I think it is filled with treasures.
In the morning there's the beauty of the blooms, and in the afternoon the harvesting of delicious okra.  It's not your typical front yard arrangement, but one that delights me all day long.

How are things around you?  Is your day filled with treasures or trash? Every day we categorize the situations/things around us. Don't let your life be fueled with negative and disheartening remarks or thoughts. Instead, may God grow the desire and ability to focus on the surrounding beauty, especially when the world is muttering otherwise.

Father, help me to set my heart on pleasing and trusting You. As You plant and cultivate the riches of goodness and faith in my heart, peace blooms. I don't want the prickly thorns of the moment to determine the outcome of my day.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment