Monday, September 17, 2018

out of the mud...

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." Psalm 40:2 

Heavy rains, rushing waters, gray skies and thick mud... not only does this describe our current land conditions, but also some current heart conditions.

How do you handle storms? I like to think my faith is strong, but i must confess to falling weak on my knees in some turbulent seasons. Unanticipated and ongoing storms in my path, leave me considerably frail and feeble. Harsh circumstances and uncertainties have a way of knocking the wind out of one's faith, with doubt rising as quickly as flood waters.  When we are unable to hold our heads above the swirling tides of trials, our cries for relief to God surges.  For it clearly is God, and God alone, who can and does sustain us through storms.  When our foundation of comfort and confidence crumble about our stumbling feet, His Presence alone proves to be our True Rock. As the pull of the miry mud on our exhausted souls tugs heavily on our hearts, our trust in God is the anchor of Truth that frees us from the bondage of fear. 

Father, forgive me when i panic in the midst of storms, as if you neither knew nor cared. You have not promised sun without rain, joy without sorrow, peace without pain.  But You have promised strength from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.  And that, Father, is enough.  Thank you.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment