Friday, October 3, 2014

a smarty cat

"He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them His way." Psalm 25:9

If a person falls prey into thinking too much about her/himself, working in a school will fix that.  Students continually provide unsolicited reality checks.  On super hero day at school, i was having fun in my Cat Woman outfit until a student informed me i was too old to be Cat Woman.
 
"So, how old is Cat Woman?" i asked.
"She's fourteen."

Instantly i realized to her that was old; therefore, in her eyes, i was born before the time of dinosaurs.

Father, thank you for the gift of humility.  It reminds me "i am not all that". I confess i am in constant need of You in my life.  When i am weak, then i am strong because of Your Power.  Thank You for filling me with Your strength, guidance and love.  Thank You for keeping my knees bent and eyes on You.

I might be old, but thankful to be a smarty cat and not a scaredy cat.   

With humility comes wisdom.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment