Wednesday, November 9, 2016

what difference does it make?

"...Whoever refreshes others, will be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25

With a day off, i reluctantly stared at a to-do list, 11 lines long.  Covered in a cloud of doldrums, i wasn't making much progress. I had voted, but satisfaction or joy of the event eluded me.  Did it accomplish anything, did it even make a difference?  Deep in thought and tackling item #3, my heart got yanked. 
Walking into a local store, the Shoebox project display for Samaritan's Purse was being set up; it caught my attention. This activity wasn't part of my plan, but His.  It instantly lifted my spirits and opened my eyes anew. Here before me was an opportunity to make a definite difference.  Excited, i tossed my list, shopped for my girl, packed the box and delivered it back to the store. Then refreshed and revived, i called it a day and went home feeling content.

Father, thank You for lifting my spirits and redirecting my heart. Simple acts of kindness are needed and appreciated daily.  They are before us every day, when we look around with Your eyes. One by one, together we will make a difference in our world.

we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment