Monday, April 30, 2018

Words to Live By... Sacrifice

In her book Jesus Always (sequel to Jesus Calling), Sarah Young writes: "People routinely put their confidence in their abilities, education, wealth, or appearance. But I urge you to place your confidence fully in Me--the Savior whose sacrificial death and miraculous resurrection opened the way for you into eternal Glory!"
I don't know about you, but it doesn't take long for me to realize that anything or anyone I place my confidence in other than Christ will sooner or later disappoint. This week as we reflect on the Weekly Word to Live By: SACRIFICE, I'm going to make a point of thanking God for the perfect sacrifice of His Son which paid for my sins and purchased my salvation.
Then, I'm going to ask Him to show me how or what I might sacrifice in order to show others a sampling of His great love.
After all, living sacrificially brings joy and blesses others.
Let's have a joyful blessed week!
Dalene Parker, guest blogger
co-author with Linda Gilden of Words to Live By: One Word a Week
https://www.facebook.com/weeklywordstoliveby/ #sacrifice #weeklywordstoliveby
we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment