Friday, November 30, 2018

ready to celebrate?

Jesus said...
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

Seeing me in my CHRISTmas shirt, Sue asked, "You ready to start celebrating CHRISTmas?"

"Start? I never stopped." And it's true.

The manger scene at my front door and baby Jesus in the den are permanent fixtures.  I use to chunk them in the attic after December, but not anymore.  I need their presence and reminder year round, and especially this year.  Through the loss of my Daddy and other loved ones, family members moving a greater distance away, family job shake ups and health issues, i find the visual reminders of our hope as believers a needed touch of comfort and peace  

No matter the circumstances of the day, refocusing on the immense love and promises of God, I am strengthen. CHRISTmas can be and is a daily celebration for the hope in our faith. Because of Jesus we have the promise of eternal life.


Are you celebrating yet?


we are loved and chosen by God,

may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment