Thursday, January 24, 2019

one drip at a time

"... He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

A leaky faucet is normally an unwanted, and maybe expensive problem. But recently due to the below-freezing temperatures, a slow drip was purposely allowed for an outside faucet. While it kept the pipe from freezing, a 3 foot icicle formed from the drips.  Each tiny drip was a contribution to the majestic sight and reminder of the power of nature.
What's dripping in your life? Increased demands, difficult circumstances, undue stress, unanswered questions, health concerns?  At times issues, large or small, can build up causing us to feel frustrated and even at a loss, as we face one thing after the other.  When the drips are continuous, remembering the Power of the One collecting them is our true hope.

Through prayer, His Word and encouragement from other believers, i am reminded what is overwhelming for me, is not for God.  Each drip, each tear is lovingly caught and handled by God.  As He tends to the continuous drips in my life, He is also building my faith and dependency on Him.  When i am weak, He is Strong, He is Mighty and He is still in Control of all things.

Father, thank You for collecting the drips in my life.  May i remember than even with various, ongoing issues, when in Your Hands something good and beautiful can be created. When we are ready to give up, You are still going strong.  I am resting in Your Truths and Love.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment