Sunday, January 5, 2020

break not... me

"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you.Philippians 1:3

As our CHRISTmas break winds down, i find myself filled with some regret. Mind you, it's not regret that the break is almost over.  But regret on how i spent some of my time... leaving things unsaid or undone.  While busy with CHRISTmas festivities, i felt it was a good time to break from my routine reading of the Word and writing.  Wrong.

Who would have thought  doing so, would actually increase my stress and anxiety.  Yet, it did.

While CHRISTmas is a JOY-filled season of celebrating Jesus, our Savior's, birth, it is also a  time  when many experience sadness.  Personal memories of  CHRISTmas past can bring sorrow, hurt, pain, sadness, loneliness, regret. The stress to "pull it all together and celebrate"  can actually squeeze the joy out of our soul.

With this in mind, i have 2 thoughts today:

**  Taking a break from God's Word is never good or okay. I am sorry for neglecting the need of God's Word on any day or season, even CHRISTmas.


**  When returning to school, i pray to be sensitive to others, not knowing what emotions filled their break.  Instead of asking "how was your CHIRSTmas?, i think i'll say, "It is so good to be back with you!" 
 
And that, my friend, is the Truth.  I am blessed and honored to be back with you. Your support, encouragement and inspiration everyday help me through many moments.  Thank you.

you are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
love in Him,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment