Monday, March 30, 2020

what is your vision?

"...And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith." Hebrews 12:1,2

In grade school my best friend and i concocted our own special communication system.  Each night we recorded  secrets, giggles, songs and chatter then exchanged them the next day at school.  Listening to her tape at night was often the highlight of my day. Too bad we weren't more scientifically inclined, we might have been the electrifying forerunners to Bill Gates!

Are there any more cutting edge frontiers ahead?  Probably so, but i doubt i'll be a part of them either.  

Father, instead of being a forerunner to earthly advancements, i just want to be in the field of runners to You and Your blessings. With the challenges and uncertainties we are facing today, what truly matters in life has never been more clear; it's our relationship with You. Belonging to You is what matters most and what propels me forward each day.  No other vision, dream or wish on earth provides greater gain.  


  1. "Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
    Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art;
    Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
    Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.
  2. Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
    I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
    Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
    Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.
  3. Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
    Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
    Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tow’r:
    Raise Thou me heav’nward, O Pow’r of my pow’r.
  4. Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
    Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
    Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
    High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.
  5. High King of Heaven, my victory won,
    May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heav’n’s Sun!
    Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
    Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
    "
  amen

we are love and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment