Wednesday, December 15, 2021

falling apart

"It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees." Psalm 119:71

For years i've transformed my Halloween pumpkins into snow Santas and then snowmen.  But not this year. After numerous attempts and an unknown reason, the white spray paint refused to stick on the pumpkins. The pumpkins people only celebrated one season this year. 
I didn't get the recycling decoration i wanted, but i did get a gently reminder regarding life.  Life is not perfect, even at CHRISTmas. Yet, that shouldn't prevent us from having a grateful heart.

Father, each year i anticipate CHRISTmas with a joyful heart.  Some years all my wishes and plans are fulfilled and my heart overflows.  Yet, my greatest test of strength and faith occur in the years when unexpected events and heartaches threaten to chock the joy right out of me.  It's then i must stop and recall the initial reason for my Joy... it's not the gifts, gathering with friends or even family -- it's Jesus.  

Whether i'm experiencing easy joy or bittersweet joy, i am aware of my need for a Savior.  Getting through jolly times are easy but getting through difficult times are powerful as i acknowledge how desperately i need You. So, today, Father, i want to thank you for easy days, but more importantly, for difficult days because it's then i am keenly aware of Your Breath and Hand in my life. Whatever the day brings, as long as You are in it, there will be joy.  

Thank You for Jesus. Thank You, for eternal Joy and life because of Him.  May i seek You first always.  

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment