Friday, March 22, 2024

listen or ignore

"Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

A friend didn't have time to get a slice of celebration cake, so i decided to take her a slice the next day.  As i was closing the lid, a little voice said to me, "take 2 slices."  But i ignored it, thinking, no, i don't need another slice.  Well, it wasn't about me.

When i went to deliver the cake to Mary, i saw exactly why i should have listened to that persistent little voice.  A very special friend was in there subbing. MM has treated me so many times, and to share a slice of cake with her would have been perfect.  

Thinking i would bring her a slice later in the week made me feel better.  But when i returned home after school the cake plate, like my hand, was empty. A good and sad reminder to never put off an act of kindness.

The next time i hear a voice, instead of thinking it's about or for me, i hope i realize it could be for the benefit of another.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment