Monday, July 23, 2012

a dark night

"... weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." Psalm 30:5

How can someone understand or rationalize the horrific acts of a person like James Holmes?  I don't think it is humanly possible.
How does someone handle and overcome such senseless tragedy?  I don't think it is humanly possible. 
How does someone stop weeping and resume joy after such ghastly acts of violence?  I don't think it is humanly possible.

Where human words and acts fall short, thanks be to God! He has the power to hold and sustain us.  His Word reminds us, My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.

May we turn to Him for the Words of comfort, peace and hope we need to muster the strength to continue during trails.  Words like...
"... at the time it happens, I am there."  Isaiah 48:16
"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you..." Isaiah 41:10
"My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to Your Word." Psalm 119:28
"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." Jeremiah 31:25
"He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge..." Psalm 91:4
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."  Psalm 147:
Jesus said, "... but with God all things are possible."   Matthew 19:26

Some nights are longer than others; but we can trust His Light to diffuse the darkness around us in His perfect time. Only with our God is true joy attainable again after a night of weeping.

Praying for the warmth of God's Hands to be felt by all affected in the Aurora, Colorado tragedy... and all other tragedies.   

have a peace-filled day!
veneal


No comments:

Post a Comment