Tuesday, July 2, 2013

my dirty wheel

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

Have you ever seen something every day, but not actually see it?  Several times a day, i am in and out of my car. But yesterday, the sight of my steering wheel shocked me.  It was absolutely, totally nasty.  What was wrong with me?  Why hadn't i noticed it before?  It was embarrassing to think of all the people who had been in my car and seen the dirt i tolerated right at my finger tips.
 
For sure, the move from clean to filth, didn't happen overnight.  It was a slow, dark change that slid by right under my nose and without a blink of the eye. Was i too busy or too lazy to care?  

What other dirt am i tolerating at my finger tips?  Jealousy, selfishness, anger, loose lips?  Sometimes we simply ignore God's call for discipline when we don't like the work or change that's needed.  This is true for my life, as much as it is my steering wheel.

Father, i don't want to let filth build up in my life.  Open my eyes and heart to wrongful ways and thoughts, and let me be moved to action.  Steer me clear of weak decisions.  I need to lean on You for strength and guidance.  

Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

have a pure-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment