Friday, June 28, 2013

are you normal?

"The Lord is good to allhe has compassion on all he has made." Psalm 145:9

Discrimination... you can see the hurt of it on many faces.  Faces of color, lifestyle, physical, mental or emotion differences. They all painfully know how it feels to be ridiculed, mistreated or ignored daily by the so called normal. Being "normal" puts us in a dangerous position of passing judgement on others.  Is it right to judge people different from what we view as normal or acceptable? We don't choose our makeup; we are all created by God.  The psalmist wrote --

For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

The psalmist goes on to say --
Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.

God who created and knows us completely... loves us without barriers and prejudicesSometimes i wonder if He allowed differences to separate the sheep from the wolves... to show the destruction of prejudice... to shame pride...  to grow compassion... to smack the face of arrogance... to test our following of His second greatest commandment -- love your neighbor as yourself.  

I think God wants to flip the tables.  I think He wants the normal to feel uncomfortable enough to change their heart and hurtful ways.  To be like Jesus is to love like Jesus.  And He loved all. 

Father, i don't want to be normal; i want to be more like You.  Remove any barriers i have to your people, so i can love them all like You.  Only You can judge... You alone know our hearts.

have a love-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment