Wednesday, July 9, 2014

CHRISTmas in July :)

"I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry... He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." Psalm 40:1, 3

"I'm here to pick up the cards i ordered."
"Are you the one??"
"The one what?"
"The one who ordered Christmas cards??"




I had two good reasons for ordering my Christmas cards in July... the price was right, and i am anxious for Christmas to arrive this year.

Until now, the mention of Christmas in July made me shudder. Anna left 2 weeks ago, but it feels more like 6 months. Preparing for and thinking about Christmas in July puts a song in my heart, and provides fuel for needed patience. It makes the time waiting for her to visit during the holidays seem closer and sweeter.

Are you anxiously waiting for something or someone?  May God direct your focus and help you find peace.  Whether it's reading His Word, praying, gathering with friends, cooking or preparing for Christmas in July, let God guide your day and fill it with faith in Him and what's to come.

He has put a new song of joy and hope in my heart.  Yes, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas", and i am thrilled. While you wait, God wants to put a song in your heart too.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment