Wednesday, January 14, 2015

mine, mine, MINE

"But now, this is what the LORD says— He who created you, Jacob, He who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine." Isaiah 43:1

That is MY game! Where is MY cookie? I want MY own phone.

Possessiveness... it's usually thought of as a negative and selfish act.  We are taught to share and not hold on to anything too tightly.  But some things just can't be helped.

While working in an school for many years, i've witnessed a lot of possessiveness; and i'm not referring to only students. I can't ever recall hearing a teacher refer to the students in their room as "these" students.  It's always MY students, My class, My kids, My "Susie". 

The teacher claims them for their own. Fussing, loving, praising, challenging, preparing... they carefully tuck a piece of self into each child, as they guide them through book and life lessons. The teacher-student relationship truly mimics many aspects of a parent-child relationships, including preservation of their welfare, protection of mind and growth in self esteem. 

Father, thank You for allowing me to serve You in a school environment.  I am honored to work side-by-side with some of your most precious children -- my peers and my young little friends.  May Your love flow freely through me to them every day.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment