Monday, May 18, 2015

not your ordinary hook

"'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways', declares the LORD. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.'" Isaiah 55:8-9
 


"What do you see the teacher asked?"
To me, it was a simple, easy answer.  It was just a capital "G", or possibly a fancy hook, but that was all.



But to a student who applied a dose of creative thinking, they saw something much more. In their astute mind a fabulous, elaborate fish danced on the page.  Their vision was far bigger and better than anything i could dream of on my own.
God, when i'm facing trials, challenges and difficulties, draw this memory back in my mind.  It clearly demonstrates the shortsightedness i possess as a human.  Many times i have a tendency to see things just as they are in that minute, instead of the beauty of what they can be/will be... with You. I want to trust You with greatness in all things.

I see today's hook now, in a different "Light"... God calls us to be Fishermen of people.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment