Saturday, August 8, 2015

how dare you!

"Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord." Leviticus 19:18

The evidence spoke for itself; she was furious with me.

Returning from a weekend trip, i was shocked to discover a perfect tomato picked, smashed and gutted. And whoever did it knew the difference and value of a red ripe tomato over a green one.  And then there was a shredded okra plant.  It was definitely an act of revenge. The worse part of all for me -- the suspect was not a stranger.

Besides eating, our wonderful Bella's greatest love is going on a walk.  After routine morning walks, she accompanies me to the garden and watches me carefully select and pick the veggies.  She doesn't eat veggies, so her message was crystal clear, "you left me, did not walk me, and you will pay."  Bella needed a Word... or a newspaper.

There are times my name could be changed to Bella.  When life don't go our way, we sometimes take it personally. What we might wrongly interpret as an intentional hurtful act or word from another still stings.  And if we know them, the sting is greater. We hurt, and we want them to hurt too. It's only human nature to want to inflict pain back.  It's only godly nature to turn it over to our Father. 

Father, whether the hurt from another is intentional or not, i need less of me and more of You. Thank You.

friend, we are loved and chosen  by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment