Wednesday, December 2, 2015

the race is on!

"...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith." Hebrews 12:1-2

The days are shorter, the weather is colder and the to-do list longer.  Yet, as runners in a race, our course/day is marked and we need to keep moving forward in the direction set before us.  With the Word as our barrier, the Holy Spirit our monitor, and our eyes on Jesus, we too can run the race with confidence to the glorious end.
 

Lord, as the "Holy-day" season approaches, i pray for an extra measure of guidance and protection.  There are many external factors and worldly distractions yearning to trip me up, throw me in the wrong direction or even stop me in my tracks. The road is sprinkled with land mines such as hardships, disappointments, losses, painful memories, hurt.  Cover me in Your love, grace and mercy. Monitor my days, nights and ways and keep me moving safely towards You in thanks and gratitude.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,  
LOVE, PEACE & JOY,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment