Friday, December 4, 2015

want to eavesdrop?



Would you like to listen in on my prayer today? It might be yours too.

Lord, how much more? I barely get my head above one massive wave before another one hits.  The waters are white capping all around, and You know how much i don't like water.  I really need a break from the trails -- health issues, financial uncertainties, loss of precious loved ones, unexpected detours, increased demands, heartaches, fear of nightmares resurfacing... how much more?

You must trust Me.  "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3 

Father, i do trust You, but haven't i been through enough.

I am working in you and on you, Child.  "Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand."  Isaiah 46:8
 

But, Father, it's so tiring. 

I've got some rough ends to smooth out in you.  We will gain much through these times.  Trust Me.   "But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him." Jeremiah 18:4

Father, i'm not perfect, but i'm okay with me.
 

But I'm not.  I understand how you feel, remember Jesus had had enough in the Garden too.  But you must trust Me to do what is best.  I have more in store for you than you can ever imagine, but there is still work to be done.  "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..." Ephesians 3:20

But how much longer will this necessary work on me last?

Just leave it to me.  "And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear."  1 Corinthians 10:13 
 

How much more, Father? 

Until you give it all to Me.  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.." Proverbs 3:5

I have surrendered all to You.

No, child, there are some parts of your life that you still have your fingers gripped tightly around... areas concerning your life, your family... to name a few.  Don't worry, I promise you that i know what you can bear.  I have a perfect plan for you.  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I am afraid of what's to come.

You need not be fearful. I am always with You.  "There is no fear in love.  But perfect love drives out fear."  1 John 4:18
 

Okay, my Sweet Daddy, Your Will be done, not mine.  But can you please do it gently? 

It will be as it needs to be.  "... we gave up and said, 'The Lord's will be done.'" Acts 21:14

I love you, Father.

I love you too -- and more than you can humanly understand. Just trust Me.  "And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love."1 John 4:16 


In Christ we pray and give thanks,

amen, amen.


friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment