Friday, June 10, 2016

the squirrel chaser

"Be still, and know I am God." Psalm 46:10

If i walk Bella early enough, she obeys great without a leash.  But if we wait too late and the squirrels are awake, it's a different story.  Bella has an uncontrollable urge to catch a squirrel. Just the sight or rustle of the long-tail critter sends her off like a loose rocket.  For her safety and my sanity, a leash is required.  Some temptations can't be tamed without proper restraint.
Bella isn't the only one in need of a leash.  Sometimes i also can be found chasing temptations. The world tells us to get more, want better, promote self... do this, do that... go, go, GO, do, do, DO.  If left on my own, i would be just like Bella chasing the unattainable squirrels, panting with my tongue hanging out and still unsatisfied. 

Father, just keep a leash on me all the time. How easily and quickly the glittering lights and "squirrels" can distract me. When life is quiet, it's easy to pray and spend time in Your Word.  But when trying life issues pop up, i frantically scurry about in mind and body attempting to solve them. Please give me a good yank... remind me, You are still in control.  I need to be still and trust You.  

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment