Friday, July 15, 2016

flower power in the Son

"His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance."  Revelation 1:16

"Many are asking, 'Who can show us any good?' Let the light of Your face shine upon us, O LORD... I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:6,8

Skimming through friends' pictures, my eyes landed on a favorite... sunflowers.  I love their cheerful presence and find it amazing how they always face and follow the sun.  They are a shining example to us on how to live as believers.



Having it's roots nestled deep in the foundation, the sunflower grows strong and tall for all to see and enJOY its beauty.  No matter the time of day, it is always facing the sun.  Which caused me to wonder, what happens when it is dark or cloudy? It appears the flower droops... as if it's head is bowed. 


I want my life to be like that too.  I want to be firmly rooted in a relationship with God and watered daily by His Word. As the sunflower continually faces the sun, i want to be found facing and following the Son.  And on dark, cloudy days, may my head be bowed in prayer -- laying my requests, pleas, cries and thanks before God. 

There is Power in the Son... may He bloom and shine in us, so others will see and turn to Him too.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment