Wednesday, June 14, 2017

coming up daisies

"Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10

As many of you know, when a loved one lives many hours away, the last day of a visit with them stings your eyes and heart.  I had spent a wonderful week in Alexandria, Virginia, with my daughter and "son". With my departure hours away i wondered, how could i possibly leave with a real smile on my face? Then God showed me.
Next to the backdoor of their townhouse were beautiful daisies, planted by the complex... yet, i prefer to think planted by God.  Daisies are my favorite flowers and had been my mother's too. Seeing them restored my JOY.  I remembered even though i was leaving, i could trust Anna and Chas were still in good hands.  Our heavenly Father, along with my Mother at His side, would continue to watch over them.  

Thank You, Father.  I am so thankful for Your written Word and Holy Spirit for guidance, peace and truth.  But oh! it's extra sweet to receive visual reminders of truth from You too.

...for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal


Extra prayers this morning for all affected by the horrible events in London and Alexandria.  God, the daisies are still coming up. I am resting and trusting You.

No comments:

Post a Comment