Friday, June 23, 2017

show me

"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."  Psalm 139:23-24

Having a weak moment, Bella made a dirty decision.  Left on her own in the backyard, she had some short-lived fun mudding in the wet dirt.  Her white hair prevented Bella from hiding the evidence; even her face revealed the fact she knew she had been bad.  Unable to remove the dried-on dirt, she could only wait for "the talk" and for me to clean her up.  

Sometimes our wrong actions, decisions, or weaknesses are obvious and the pending consequence comes quickly.
Sometimes we willingly make the wrong choice, thinking we can conceal it. And sometimes we innocently go astray.  Whatever the case, we just need to ask God to expose all our wrongdoings and help clean us up.

Thank You, Father, for the washing of Your Word and the pouring of the Holy Spirit into our lives. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

we are loved and chosen by God.
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment