Thursday, August 10, 2017

say what?!

"The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." Psalm 12:18

On the bathroom counter, they looked identical... same top, same size, similar back. But the contents were nothing alike! Thankfully, when grabbing a tube and twisting off the top, my nose got a whiff of a stiff medicinal aroma.
That wasn't toothpaste i was about to squirt on my toothbrush, but a cream for aches. What's good for achy muscles in definitely not good for the mouth.
Father, sometimes this terrible mistake actually happens within me.  As your child i want my words to encourage and build others up... BUT, instead of such words flowing from my mouth, they are sometimes icy cold or stinging hot. Words inflicting pain on others due to my own internal weaknesses and shortcomings.  Clean my heart, Father, and stop me from spewing icy hot comments. May the hope and joy of my love for You be the catalyst for all my words.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may be live like we believe it!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment