Wednesday, March 7, 2018

tell me the truth...

"But He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Do you really want to hear the truth?

Sam walked up while i was cleaning my glasses. "Wow!  Mrs. Williams, you look a lot different without your glasses on!"

Did i dare ask why?  Absolutely not!
We claim to always want the truth, right?  But sometimes, red bombs explode in our hearts like firecrackers on July 4th.  Sometimes the truth can be scary to hear or to tell.

Even with the simple greeting, "how are you today?", do we actually want the truth?  Or, are we anticipating and hoping for the usual, quick canned response, "I'm fine, thanks. How are you?"

And then there are questions like...

Did you finish your work?
Are the test results good?
What happened to the money?
Do you love me?
Is she well?
How are your children?
Is he addicted to ____?
Are you feeling ok?
Did you enjoy the meal?
Is that the truth?

Whether out of fear, rejection, humiliation, anger or pain we don't always want to tell or hear the truth. Sometimes truth hurts immensely... shredding our hearts and exposing our inability to deal with it.  The truth might reveal a flaw or weakness in our character.  The fact we are not as perfect as we feel we should be or that we are not in control of a situation is something we are hesitate to admit.  

Yet, God, in His infinite wisdom, knew and provided the Way for our shortcomings and faults. He gave us what we needed.... a Savior. Through Him our weaknesses are overcome/conquered through His Strength.  In this Truth, may we breathe easier and be filled with praise remembering despite being flawed, we are awed by a Mighty God.  

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment