Monday, March 5, 2018

Words to Live By... relate

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."  Romans 12:18

It must be that I need practice. Once again, I have the opportunity to relate to someone who has verbally attacked me for a perceived injustice.

Naturally, I want to defend myself. More than that, I would love some reassurance that I am in the right. A small part of me would even like to see my "challenger" squirm when the truth becomes evident. And yet...



A wise friend's words point me in a better direction:  "When someone wrongs you, don't nurse it; don't curse it; don't rehearse it.  Just reverse it."  How?
When I stop replaying in my mind the negative situation which stirred up bad relations, I can "reverse the curse" by praying God will bless the one I'm having trouble relating to.  Of course, He can also dissolve any tension and resolve any issues which are stealing my joy and peace.  I just need to keep my relationship to Him open and honest, and He will take care of the rest.


This week, as we activate the word RELATE, let's make a point of living at peace with everyone, as far as it depends on us.  For more ideas on how to RELATE, please join us on the Weekly Words to Live By Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/weeklywordstoliveby/ and/or in the Words to Live By devotional (139-144).

guest blogger, Dalene Parker

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal


Just so you know:  This past September with my Daddy in the hospital, four hours away, for 59 days, i was struggling to write devotions on Mondays.  God-incidently, i was approached by Dalene Parker, friend and co-author of Words to Live By: One Word A Week, to be a guest blogger on Mondays to share from her book. God answered both our needs.  Including her in my devotions for Salt Shakers was a natural extension. Dalene and i have partnered together on many writing projects, and we both share the same objective:  Honor God; encourage others. Neither of us cares who gets the credit, so sometimes we share each other's work on our own sites without making it clear whose words are being conveyed.  So just in case you noticed any difference in style or emphasis on Mondays, now you know.  We hope you will celebrate this partnership as we do, and if something either of us writes "hits the spot," then give God the glory and share with others!

Since the word of the week is RELATE, just thought this was a good time to share with you this precious relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment