Monday, April 29, 2019

fragile days

"The Lord heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds... Great is our Lord and mighty in power; His understanding has no limit." Psalm 147:3,5

It's been a year since Daddy went "home".  At times it feels like it happened yesterday and then at other times, it feels like it's been forever.  If you have loss a loved one, you know exactly what i mean.  What i have learned and am thankful for are memories... they help heal the hurting heart.

One of my favorite memories of Daddy is when he asked me to take him Christmas shopping. During our outing, he secretly picked out a mug for me. He had a knack for making me and others feel special. Unexpectedly, my precious gift cracked.  Like the permanent crack in my mug, i now have the permanent pain of losing Daddy, but it does not overshadow the wonderful memories we shared. Through flaws and losses with God by our side, we learn to keep going and find meaning in the present life.

Thank You, Father, for holding me together when all i want to do is fall apart.  
I am reminded, no matter how strong our faith, there are times when the hardy-faithful's heart shatters due to pain like a fragile-novice's heart.  Our frail humanity is never more exposed than when we are grieving.  You scoop us up and continue to bind up our wounds... Your understanding has no limit... You question not our recovery time or process. You understand.  You cover, repair and strengthen all the ugly cracks that show up in our life.  You, Father, can restore beauty even out of the worse of times.  I am thankful memories, but i am most thankful for You.

p.s.  Please give my Daddy a hug for me.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,

veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment