Friday, April 26, 2019

listen to this...

"Let each of you look not only to his/her own interests, but also to the interests of others." Philippians 2:4 (RSV)

Deep in thought with personal  concerns, i almost missed a blessing God wanted to share with me. Faintly, the sound of my name finally landed in my ears.  I turned around to see Timmy lugging his overstuffed bookbag trying to catch up with me.  I stopped and waited.  

"Mrs. Williams, guess what? I am almost finished with the book i got yesterday, and it is sooo good! Thanks for helping me find it."  Then he turned and skipped away.  I had almost missed it... a smile and a moment of pure joy from a student.

Father, help me not be so self-absorbed with my surrounding issues that the blessings you want to show me bounce off my guarded, preoccupied heart.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment