Tuesday, June 25, 2019

waiting with Him

"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

As we faithfully watch the bluebirds mourn the loss of their babies, i'm praying to see them recover and start rebuilding. They are still searching the empty home, but the visits are less frequent. I also know they may never return to rebuild a nest in their former home.  Sometimes it takes moving away in order to move on.

There is no timetable for mourning; there is no perfect length; it varies for each. For the bluebirds, they are not ready.  The disbelief is still too new. The hurt is still too fresh. The scent of evil is still too prevalent.  When that day comes for rebuilding, i hope it's in my yard.  I want to be there for my feathered friends, cheering on every twig, piece of moss and pine needle brought in for a new start.  I hope to see them restored to their chirpier selves.

Father, there are many needs around us.  Provide us with a watchful eye and heart to step in as and when and how for the comforting of others, as You do us.


we are loved and chosen by God,

may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment