Wednesday, July 31, 2019

in the middle of a mess

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. " 1 John 4:16

Needing a break from a project and some fresh air, i took a walk.  Before long i found myself next to a neglected dump field.  As i looked over the weeds and trash, i  noticed my favorite flowers smack in the middle of it.  No matter my situation or mood, daisies have always made my heart happy, and it did not fail me then.

More times that i care to count, i find myself in the middle of a mess... one caused by my actions, another's actions or just due to crazy life circumstances. It was helpful to be reminded not all is a loss in hard times.  God's love for us has a way of planting hope and reassurance into all situations we face.

Thank You, Father, for the daisy reminder. When i ponder the phrase of the popular "loves me, loves me not" flower, I know there is no question regarding Your love.  Wherever i am, whatever i am doing, however i am, i am assured by Your Word and Presence the answer from You is always He loves me.

Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment