Thursday, April 29, 2021

unexpected Good News

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." Ephesians 2:8

We had to reset our coffeepot's automatic brew time to 4am.  Not because we were getting up earlier, but it was taking over an hour to brew the coffee.  That wasn't a problem for the first pot, but it was totally unacceptable for the needed second pot of coffee to get through the morning in a timely, kind manner.  After school i threw my sluggish coffeepot in a bag and returned to the store where i purchased it.  I also took my receipt from the purchase -- 6.4 years ago.  

Once at the service counter, i explained my issue.  With no hesitation or questions asked, they credited my account with a FULL refund.  Did i expect it?  Not really. Was i surprised?  Absolutely. BUT, the Good News did not stop there.  After the exceptional customer service, i located an exact replacement in the store.  To my delight the price was identical to 6.4 years ago... PLUS there was a $12 rebate on the coffeemaker's price. I got a shiny new coffeemaker along with an extra $12 to spend on coffee!  

Did i deserve this generous gift? Probably not.  But the unexpected grace and mercy i received turned my bitter mornings into better ones.  My heart and cup runneth over this morning with an abundant amount of coffee and JOY.

Father, we are in a season filled with stress and strain.  Thank You for Good News and joy discovered in our unexpected moments of delight.  I am grateful for reminders to reflect on Your goodness, grace and mercy.  I did nothing to  deserve the sacrifice of Your Son for my sins.  I merely came to You and asked Jesus in my heart as my Savior.  You then credited my account as a child of God, accepting me as i was. Belonging to You blesses me continuously by restoring hope, joy and peace.  Thank You for loving me beyond what i deserve.  Your Love makes bitter times better.

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the person who trusts in Him!

we are love and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment