Monday, August 30, 2021

are you a kindergartener?

"...grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen." 2 Peter 3:18
When passing the newest and youngest crew of our school, one of them asked me a question i had never heard, "Are you a kindergartener?"  I stopped waiting for the rest of his question... like, kindergartener teacher, kindergartener parent, kindergartener helper.  But no, that was his complete question. I couldn't help but laugh out loud.  Although my outfit might have passed for a child's, my height, rough skin and hair color surely screamed a different story.  But for a moment, it produced a spring in my step and put a big smile on my face.

While i don't physically look like a kindergartener, there is one way i hope to always resemble them... in their eagerness and desire to search for truth and knowledge.  

Father, no matter my age, i want to always thirst to know You and Your Truths better. May fear nor pride never stop me in approaching You with my inadequacies, needs or questions. As i grow in the knowledge and grace of You, not only will my life be filled with more peace but i trust it will overflow to the ones around me too.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment