Tuesday, May 3, 2022

waiting, not wasted

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12

In my younger years (decades ago), i loved cross-stitching.  My two yellowed, torn bags of supply are still in my closet... yes, i am a keeper (some say a hoarder) of most everything.  Last week i decided to stitch the wedding date for my other daughter on a hand towel. In the bag I found an old unfinished piece.  For some reason, with only part of the border and soap suds left, i quit it.

As you can see, i started this 46 years ago.  But a renewed interest and a desire to finish it for my granddaughter's bathroom is stirred...  an old, forgotten project with a newly inspired goal.  I am excited and encouraged in having it this close to finishing!

Is there anything in your life that has been abandoned or left unfinished? A project, a friendship, a situation?  Like me, maybe the timing of it wasn't right then and could be now or in the future.  Don't give up, look for God to open doors, hearts or opportunities to review, renew or repurpose what was left.  He wastes nothing, and i don't want too either.

And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal



No comments:

Post a Comment