Wednesday, October 5, 2022

REST…

"Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from Him." Psalm 62:5

It’s been a turbulent few days with more on the horizon. After an unexpected, crushing blow last week, i am off my regular routine... all of them. Including writing/sharing devotions, as a period of rest and pure silence is required.

Sometimes our so-called duties deflect us from our true priorities...causing us to cling to the wrong responsibilities. On returning home Sunday afternoon from the hospital, the first regular responsibility that caught my eye was the unopened mail. I immediately reached for it.

In total disbelief, i stared at the first piece of mail addressed to me. It appeared stamped and sent directly from the Hand of God… PROJECT REST.  Really??


My Project REST mail was from an organization i had not heard from in a while… but more surprising than that was the fact they changed their name JUST this month. Now what are the odds of that?? I'd say, it's totally out of this world.  I share this now so you might keep an active awareness of God’s working in your life too. And yes, I believe He may even be using this devotion to remind you to trust and listen to Him. 

Honestly, I don't have the imagination to make these things up. Regarding my aftercare, i expected a list of rules... BUT the primary and only direction i heard was REST from all my caretakers... and then when i returned home. If repeated once, it was repeated a 1,000 times. 

So, my friend, have you looked on your counter recently? Has God sent you a message?  Are you experiencing a physical, mental or emotional rip in your life? Maybe a pull to change directions in your current path? 

I can tell you my life took a drastic turn last Thursday.  I wasn't able to carry out my plans for the weekend and missed my granddaughter's first steps. I'm sad but will survive as i can watch the video of the event over and over again. The constant main priority in my life (and yours) is not to miss God's direction because i don't think the consequences or alternatives will fare as well.

I am sending this today because I feel someone needs to be reminded… as they might need their own break of silence and rest.

It’s ok… to stop… 

                      don’t break… heal.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
Veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment