Monday, October 10, 2022

what a friend

"Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.Ecclesiastes 4:9-10


In light of my recent fall causing a grade 4 renal laceration, it is fair to say the above verse has really hit home... literally.  My nature to handle situations quietly with minimally outside assistance or noise has changed. God has tendered my heart in accepting help... and not view it as a personal weakness or an inconvenience/feeling of obligation
 from the giver.  

Unfortunately, it took my learning this from the hurt i caused one of my closest, most loved family members when i insisted he didn't make a 4-hour trip to check on me. I now recognize the favor i felt i was doing him was a rejection of his love... shame on me and my selfishness and control.  I ended up unintentionally hurting one of the kindest persons i know, and i prevented God from working through him and likely others.  But not anymore.

While now accepting and trusting the heart and kindness of others, it is making my current situation much more bearable.  From meals to visits to a call or text to emails to cards to running store errands to gifts to making cookies for my granddaughter, i have been deeply touched and thankful for all who surrounded me.  I am not in trouble because i did not fall alone.

May this time help me remember it's not the size of the helping hand, but the heart that matters.  It doesn't take much to make a difference in someone's life.  Even a simple smile is free yet reaps rich rewards to the recipient.

With a refreshed and thankful heart...

we are chosen and loved by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment