Thursday, November 16, 2023

hot lips

"May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

It was a horrible, horrible mistake, and i could not get the burning taste of it out of my mouth. 

Late, tired and in the darkness, i brushed my teeth.  Spitting out the pasty foam, i knew something was dreadfully wrong.  A sensation of hot lava flowing through the craters of my teeth and the walls of my mouth, set my lips on fire.  Quickly i turned on the lights.  There on the counter, were 2 tubes, exact size and coloring, but completely different products.  

The truth was exposed. I grabbed the wrong tube. It was a painful experience, and believe me i have put steps in place to not repeat it.


Yet as much as i dislike pain, i do pray for an unpleasant sensation to happen when words from my mouth are spewing and displeasing to God.  Whether, gossip, unkind, discouraging, mean or tasteless, may such words burn my lips and disturb my soul. 

We live in a hurting world in need of healing. We don't always know, understand or comprehend the actions of others.  When we don't know the complete truth, wrong and painful conclusions can occur.  What we see in others in not always reflective of what's going on inside of them.

Father, if i discourage instead of encourage with my words, please help me put out the fire and remain quiet... and kind.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment