Monday, November 13, 2023

walls for good

Jesus said...
"I will be with you always." Matthew 28:20

Most times when we think of walls in our lives, it's in a negative way... hit a wall, up against a wall, climbing a wall.  But some walls are actually positive.  Just last week The Wall That Heals, a mobile replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. honoring those who served and lost their lives in Vietnam was in our area.  It is a very humbling and touching tribute to those who served and their families.


It caused me to acknowledge i actually have my own personal healing wall.  For over 30 years in my home, family and friends signed our stairwell walls.
 

As times and seasons change some of the people are no longer in our lives. I cannot count the number of times my fingers have passed over the names of people i long to see again... the tears cried...


the smiles felt remembering our good times together... the JOY in my soul for countless blessings received from the relationships.  


Numerous times i've just stood on the steps rereading what i've read hundreds of times.  Oh, the sweet memories that will forever flood and replay in my soul.

But this weekend was a bittersweet one for me.  Like The Wall That Heals, it was time my Hall of Friends to part.  As my family prepares for the future, it was necessary to repaint our special wall.  I took numerous pictures, but i will never be able to replicate the unique beauty of my Hall of Friends. While the physical wall in now a clean slate, the  wall of precious people and their names are a permanent wall of love in my heart and soul.


We can't truly lose what we can't forget.  Right, Jesus?

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment