Friday, April 26, 2024

a needed alert

"For I am confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

Ping, ping, ping...

Do you get alerts on your phone?  You got a message, a call, a text, or other ... it can be helpful as well as annoying.

When at school, i silence my phone to avoid the noise.  But busy and running late one morning, i failed to activate it.  When the ping sang, i quickly grabbed my phone to silence it.  But what i saw was a startling message from my car, "vehicle has been running for 15 minutes unattended."


I activated the auto off mode with my phone app, but i didn't trust it would work. So, i ran out to the car to make sure the message was received.  Kind of ironic, don't you think?  It worked in letting me know what i forgot, but i didn't trust it to finish the task i forgot. 

Besides my phone, God pings me constantly with lessons and reminders.  Through prayer, song, His Word and his angel messengers on earth, He sends me alerts when i am off course.  Instead of jumping in to fix the problem, there are times i just need to stop and acknowledge my error.  Then the hardest part...  I need to lean on Him and trust His ability to work and create in me wiser ways in my future actions.  

Father, break me of weak ways and break the silencer on my connection with You.  I never, never, never want to miss an alert from You.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment