Monday, April 15, 2024

an unsettling day

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise Him." Psalm 27:8
Sundays... they are usually my favorite days.   Time to pray, sing and join others in worship at church, and then time to unwind, rest and refresh for the week ahead.  But yesterday the latter segment of my day was jolted with troubling events.



It started with the discovery of a dead squirrel.  Evidently he crashed through the grill of the car and judging by his stiff look and obnoxious smell, he had been there at least a week.  Then we progressed to a swarm of over a thousand honeybees that targeted and took over a tree in our yard. Next a long, dark friend was found slithering in our arbor.  Really?


Yet, even amidst all these unwanted disruptions, we ended up with an extra sweet day.


The beekeeper we contacted came in the evening to take the bees.  Not only did we learned a lot of fascinating facts about honeybees but she gifted us with a jar of honey, as well as grits and cornmeal she and her husband grow, grind and sale.  Wow! Talk about hidden treasures in hardships, our cup is overflowing with a new friendship along with some of our most favorite foods, made right here in Pauline, SC.

So, the next time you say, "Really? what else can happen?"...  may an unexpected golden nugget surface and help make sense of it all.  May we remember though, we don't have to wait to see the nugget, we just need to TRUST HIM.

God has a plan, and it is good.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment