Thursday, August 23, 2012

soil spreads

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

There is much scurry in the initial days of school as teachers race to tie up loose ends and add finishing touches to their rooms.  Caught up in their immediate needs, laminating is a top priority in the Media Center. Speeding through Mrs. Bar's laminating, i noticed the last few sheets looked dirty... and they were! She colored her first sheet, titled "Soil", with brown chalk.  Her creative artwork and my lack of awareness "soiled" my fingers, which in turned soiled every sheet i touched.

Lord, help me to stay conscious of keeping clean fingers, thoughts and heart today.  If left on my my own, i might pick up some impatience, spread some lies or gossip, or put down another.  I want every day to be about pleasing You and doing Your will.  Take my hands and keep them clean... let me touch others and only leave the fingerprints of Your love.

have a sweet-filled day!
veneal


No comments:

Post a Comment