Monday, September 24, 2012

going home... now

"... devote yourselves to prayer" 1 Corinthians 7:5

"It's been that kind of morning?" asked Mrs. Patty.  How did she know??  Was it my wet hair, my sweater half on or the wild look in my eye that told of my frantic morning? Whatever tipped her, she was right.  I needed to pull my frazzled self together, because the day's schedule promised to be long and explosive.  My most pressing question was where to start?  I just wanted to go home... so i did.

When overwhelmed with life, there is one place of comfort and safety we can always retreat.  Home... the home of our heart and soul.  The very place Jesus went when He needed comfort, strength to continue, or peace.  We can go home at any time or any place, when we stop and pray to our Father.  Because home is where the heart is... and as believers, our heart belongs to and is with God.

have a prayer-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment