Friday, August 2, 2013

don't ask, please

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." Matthew 6:34

The calendar has flipped... and me too.  If you teach or work in the school community, you already know what time it is.  Yet, every day i run into someone wanting to make sure i haven't forgotten.  You know the questions:  Are you ready for school to start?  When do you go back to school? How many more days before you go back to work?

Don't get me wrong, i absolutely love what i do and feel abundantly blessed to work with our children and their teachers.  But during the summer, i drink in every minute of refreshment possible.  I am thankful to have time to recharge, rest, redirect and reflect on serving God and others better.  I need no countdown or whistles concerning my Return Day. I am not one to ponder or worry about what's to come, but instead celebrate the joy of today. My Daddy gave me my great-Aunt Ola's needlepoint this summer.  It  sums up my motto well.  Could you use this on your wall of life?


Father, I am content just being with You today.  I believe You and Your Word. Tomorrow will take care of itself... and You will take care of me.  Thank You.

have a presence-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment