Wednesday, August 7, 2013

never too small

 "We have different gifts, according to the grace given us." Romans 12:6

Checking out my okra plants, it reminded me of people. No two are alike. Planted at the same time, in the same area, in the same all the okra grew and produced differently... also, like us.

Searching the garden for goodies, i was in the habit of looking at just the large plants... that was a mistake.  While the largest plants looked good and healthy, they didn't always produce much or any of the fruit i desired.  Some of the runts in the garden surprised me and produced the nicest okra of all.  Plant size was not the main determinant affecting the fruit produced.



What a tasty reminder! God can and does use every one.  He equips all His children, old and young, to serve Him.  With talents and gifts He deems best, God has blessed us.  Our gifts and abilities are not based on age, race or gender, but on His wisdom, graciousness and immense love for us.  We are created by Him, for Him to bring glory to His name and be the light for others to know Him.  No light is too small to shine in the darkness and make an eternal difference.  

Father, give me faith and discipline enough to grow effectively in the gifts you have bestowed in me.  I want to honor You and dedicate my abilities in serving You and others.  Thank You for planting fruit in our life, and allowing us to show and share Your magnificent grace and mercy to others.  I am humbly honored to be picked to serve You, any way i can. Thank You.

have a gift-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment