Wednesday, June 24, 2015

God's Healing Touch



The psalmist wrote, 
"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again." Psalm 71:20  (also read:  Psalm 71:17-22)

In light of much pain and hurting in our area, i am sharing a devotion i wrote after the loss of my mother.  God bless all as He brings healing...


Following my mother’s surgery, I returned to work. I thought her recovery was assured. The next day I learned that she awoke asking for me. But before I could return to her, she unexpectedly slipped into a coma and never woke up. We didn’t get to share a last conversation or reminisce about the blessings of our life together and talk about our hopes for the future. I was crushed. I was shocked. I was angry.

We are often told that time will heal grief, but how and with whom we spend our time makes a difference in that healing. Through prayer and reading God’s word, I was able to find direction, strength, and hope in dealing with the pain of my mother’s death. Talking with others who had experienced similar pain also brought comfort. I have also found that living in ways that honor my mother is helpful and meaningful. This practice has placed her in a healthy, wonderful place in my heart.

Thanks to God and faithful friends, my wounds have healed.

Prayer: Dear Father, thank you for providing us with peace in our grief. We seek to be filled with your Spirit always. amen. 


friend, we are loved and chosen by God, 
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment