Friday, July 24, 2015

back off

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

Closeup our situations and circumstances in life can appear ugly and daunting.  The hopelessness and darkness of the moment can be like a big black hole, sucking the life out of us and filling us with fear instead.  But God does not intend for us to live like that... in fear and distress.  He has a plan.
 
Father, when  we are overwhelmed and uncertainty is before us, help us to back off from the moment and trust You.  From Your perspective things take on a completely different look. You work beauty out of all things... in Your perfect time.

Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD will be your strength.


friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your devotion. It spoke to my heart today. I am so glad I found your website via the Upper Room devotionals! Your blog is now a daily "bookmark" I look forward to checking. :) I'm a former elementary Christian school teacher. I left my position last summer to seek breast cancer treatment. I've finished treatment and waiting to see what God has next for me to do. Your devotionals remind me so much of the spiritual warriors (co-workers) I was blessed to serve with. Your writing reminds me of sharing/encouraging each other at the classroom door. Thanks for sharing your gift! Blessings

    ReplyDelete