Wednesday, July 22, 2015

the bucket list...

"...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11-13

Summer is quickly slipping away, and my summer bucket list has not shrunk much.  With vacation days dwindling, there is no way i can complete my list.  I could fume over time wasted or unplanned interruptions or a lack of days off, but what would that accomplish?  Besides feeling defeated and down, there is another option, and i choose it.  I've decided to celebrate and give thanks for what i did accomplish or complete during my break.
Buckets are made to be filled and emptied.  Learning to be content with whatever the bucket does or does not hold is the true treasure in life.

"But godliness with contentment is great gain." 1 Timothy 6:6

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment