Tuesday, July 14, 2015

summer guilt trip

"The Lord will not let your foot slip—  He who watches over you will not slumber." Psalm 121:3

Question: "Why haven't i heard from you?  Where have you been?"
Response:  "Sorry, i've been on vacation." 

Does this sound familiar to you?

I had thought about it but not been motivated enough to take action.  Then i  started noticing a daily count. My Facebook page stated what i already knew, "you have not posted in 13 days on Teacher Devotions... your friends haven't heard from you in a while."  Of all the trips i have enjoyed this summer, this guilt trip was not one of them.  But i really had no reason to feel guilty. God was still providing for me and all others in need.

Vacation time brings a different routine for most.  With family visits and gatherings and vacation, my time preparing and writing devotions got tucked away.  By the time i found a quiet moment, my eyes failed to stay open.

Thankfully, several friends on Facebook faithfully feed me.  Daily in my "Good" news feed i receive the Word and inspiring posts and encouragements. Our God who never slumbers provides for our needs every second in our day... all 86,400 of them.  Thank you, friends, and thank You, God!

Praying for your day to be filled with rest, restoration and refreshment... and Him.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment