Monday, November 9, 2015

depend on Him

"TRUST in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

The miles on my odometer, weren't rolling up fast enough. I was anxious to be with a family member, and  many hours separated us. Wanting to minimize my stops, i sipped on just half a cup of coffee.  I was determined to reach her as soon as possible.
 
During my long drive, i thought of the crazed woman who actually drove through several states nonstop.  She too was bent on reaching someone quickly.  BUT, our similarities stop there.  Our motives and goals were nothing alike. And we depended on and looked to different sources for guidance and strength.  Mine led to peace, hers to destruction.

A billboard i spotted shortly after getting on the road defined my trip... "Jesus, I trust in You". When doubt or fear would try to creep in, i focused back on the fact...  Jesus, I trust in You.  He led me, went before me, stayed with me, and returned me home. I did not find all the answers, but i did find peace...  I trust Jesus.  

I know whatever happens, God is with us and will work all things to the good and to His glory. Who and what we depend on with our decisions, determines the peace we will (or will not) experience when an ordeal/trial/situation strikes.  And there is one decision that is always right... Jesus, I trust You.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment